Pricing and Availability:
A$ Prices are on this website for the Expedeon range of bioconjugation of products. Please contact us for prices and availability on any of of the Expedeon products which are not listed in the Online Shop.
Bioconjugations made simple, reliable, efficient and easy to use
In January 2020 Abcam acquired the Expedeon their extensive range of bioconjugation products. The Expedeon range of bioconjugation and related products are specifically designed to couple two molecules together to form a hybrid molecule called the ‘conjugate’. The molecule being conjugated is typically a polypeptide eg antibodies, peptides, proteins, enzymes etc.
In addition to their range of bioconjugation products, Expedeon offers an extensive range of products which covers the following application areas:
Antibody and Protein Conjugation
Expedeon’s range of innovative, quick and reliable conjugation systems enable you to confidently label your protein, peptide or antibody of interest with a variety of labels and chemistries for use in downstream applications.
Choose from a range of kits that facilitate simple and stable conjugation to labels that include fluorescent dyes and proteins, enzymes, haptens, oligonucleotides and nano-particles. The Check&Go! range of kits can also quickly and simply confirm the success of your conjugations.
- Lightning-Link® Antibody Barcoding Kits – 5’ Series – These NEW kits enable rapid and simple conjugation of antibodies of choice to barcoded oligonucleotides designed for use with Genomic Cytometry. The simple protocol doesn’t require any chemistry or conjugation expertise, only takes about 30 seconds of hands-on time, and doesn’t require one to purchase oligonucleotides separately.
- Lightning-Link® Antibody, Protein and Peptide Labeling Kits – Lightning-Link® is an innovative technology that enables direct labeling of antibodies or proteins for use in R&D applications, drug discovery and the development of diagnostic kits. The kits are the world’s fastest, easiest to use and most efficient method of labeling antibodies or proteins. The kits require only 30 seconds hands-on time and there are no separation steps involved, meaning you will retain 100% of your materials.
- Lightning-Link® Metal Labeling Kits – Current metal conjugation protocols can be complex and time consuming procedures, and may result in low antibody recovery. Lightning-Link Metal Labeling Kits allow metal / antibody labeling to be set up in less than 30 seconds – simply add the antibody solution to the activated metal ligand!
- Thunder-Link® Oligonucleotide Conjugation Kits – Thunder-Link® PLUS enables simple and rapid conjugation of antibodies to oligonucleotides, with high recovery of materials and a superior clean up procedure. The kit is quick and simple to use, overcoming time consuming and lengthy protocols associated with standard conjugation methods.
- Colloidal Gold – Colloidal gold developed using specialized techniques that enable the production of extremely uniform spherical particles with a very narrow size distribution, minimizing variability within your assay.
- Gold Conjugates – Extensive range of gold nanoparticle conjugates, developed using InnovaCoat® GOLD nanoparticle conjugation technology, thereby forming highly stable conjugates.
- InnovaCoat® Gold Conjugation Kits – Enable the easy conjugation of gold nanoparticles to antibodies or proteins for use in R&D applications and for the development and manufacture of diagnostic kits.
- Particle Conjugation Kits – Latex, Europium and Magnetic particles conjugations kits.
- Check&Go Conjugation Validation Kits – The Check&Go! range enables quick and easy confirmation of successful antibody to label conjugation, or verification of His-tagged protein expression, in under 15 minutes. Kits are available to determine the conjugation of antibodies, biotin, HRP, streptavidin and CaptSure™ peptide.
- Streptavidin and Other Conjugates – These include europium-streptavidin, enzyme-streptavidin, streptavidin-fluorescent, streptavidin-gold and biotinylated-BSA conjugates.
- Maleimide Activated Labels and Thiol Kits – The Maleimide activated labels facilitate conjugations to antibodies, proteins, peptides or ligands via free thiol groups. We also produce a compatible protein thiolation kit.
Protein Purification and Sample Preparation
Expedeon provides a range of high quality products to assist you with antibody purification, affinity tags, nucleic acid removal, validation of your protein expression and cleavage and inhibition of protease enzymes that could modify your protein.
- Nucleic Acid Removal – Endonuclease enzyme BaseMuncher is a nonspecific endonuclease that is used for the removal of nucleic acid from protein samples. Our ultrapure endonuclease hydrolyzes both single stranded and double stranded, along with circular and linear nucleic acids (DNA and RNA) to 5-phosphorylated oligonucleotides of 1–4 bases in length.
- Antibody Purification Kits – When purifying your antibody, we have a range of products that not only clean up your antibody to remove nonprotein additives but can reduce the amount of buffer in your antibody thereby increasing the concentration. There is a range of AbSelect, AbPure, Amintra® resins and other antibody purification kits.
- Affinity Tags and Purification – When determining the selection of an affinity ligand and purification procedure, Expedeon offers a range of products that provides cost effective solutions, unparalleled performance and efficiency.
- Spin Columns – Amintra® Desalting Spin Columns are packed with small porous particles which provide a large surface area with very short diffusion distances. Small molecules such as salt can be partitioned faster compared to dialysis or ultrafiltration. The spin filters are less prone to blockage compared to membranes used for dialysis or ultrafiltration.
- Protein Quantitation – BCA Standards and Bradford Assay.
- NVoy Protein Refolding – Nvoy Polymer Pack and Stabil-PAC
- Protease Inhibitors – Expedeon offers two protease inhibitor preparations for use with protein extraction lysis buffers: Proteoloc™ Protease Inhibitor Cocktail and Proteoloc™ Protease Inhibitor Cocktail EDTA free that offer protection against loss of intact proteins due to endogenous protease activity.
Expedeon’s portfolio of high quality products includes gels, stains, protein markers, buffers, blotting products and equipment to support rapid, reliable protein electrophoresis for a variety of downstream applications.
- RunBlue™ Protein Gels – Are tear proof, comb free gels with a novel chemistry and unique manufacturing process that ensures very sharp bands and reproducible results.
- InstantBlue™ Protein Gel Stain – Is a ready to use Coomassie protein stain for polyacrylamide gels. Its unique mechanism of action stains proteins in 15 minutes while leaving a clear background, eliminating the need to fix, wash or destain. InstantBlue is formulated for safe use and easy disposal.
- RunBlue™ prestained Protein markers – Enable easy visualization of the marker proteins during and after running and Western blotting. The protein ladders can be used to estimate the molecular weight of your protein of interest and assess the transfer efficiency during blotting. Expedeon three color prestained protein marker has 13 prestained proteins ranging from 3.5 to 180 kDa in Molecular Weight (MW). Proteins are covalently coupled with a blue chromophore, except for two reference bands (one green and one red band at 25 kDa and 75 kDa respectively) when separated on SDS PAGE.
- Buffers and Membranes – A range of buffers for a selection of electrophoresis applications.
Expedeon’s portfolio of high quality products includes blotting units, protein detection solutions and stains, blot buffers, membranes and equipment to support rapid, reliable transfer of your electrophoresed proteins for a variety of downstream applications.
- RunBlue™ Bis-Tris 10x10cm Protein Gels – Have been developed as a more cost effective alternative to NuPAGE® Bis-Tris gels. The protein gels run with the same voltages and times, in the same tanks, using the same MES / MOPS buffers as NuPAGE® Bis-Tris gels, with the added benefits present in all RunBlue™ gels, such as a comb / strip free design and a tear proof composition.
- 2view™ Double Lebeled Secondary Antibodies – An innovative and unique double labeled secondary antibody that enables extended detection within Western blotting. 2view™ secondary antibodies are labeled simultaneously with InnovaCoat® GOLD nanoparticles and horseradish peroxidase (HRP). The gold nanoparticles enable fast visible detection at nanogram level whereas the chemi- luminescent enzymatic detection enhances sensitivity down to picogram levels of protein.
- Buffers and Staining Solutions – Expedeon’s blot buffers and membranes are optimized for the transfer of migrated proteins from your gels. Once transferred, our range of protein detection solutions and stains provide a variety of readouts.
- Nitrocellulose and PVDF Membranes – Blot Membranes for use in Dual Run & Blot system. Each membrane is sandwiched between two thick pieces of blotting paper for protection, and are further separated by blue paper inserts for easy identification of individual blot sandwiches. Pore size – 0.45µm
- LumiBlue™ ECL Solutions – Expedeon’s LumiBlue ECL solutions are designed for Western blotting applications where antibodies are tagged with Horseradish Peroxidase. LumiBlue ECL Solutions use patented enhancers to produce bright, reliable bands on Western Blots for identification and quantification of specific proteins.
Expedeon produce a range of innovative assay products that enables the fast and easy development and optimization of ELISA and Lateral Flow Assays, as well as unique tools for developing methods to detect and measure inorganic phosphate and ATPase / GTPase.
- ELISA-ONE – Single incubation ELISA in 90 minutes. ELISA-ONE are next generation ready to use ELISA kits for the fast detection of key intracellular proteins that undergo phosphorylation in major signaling pathways.
- FlexLISA® kits – The FlexLISA® kits are designed for the development and optimization of sandwich ELISA assays to detect the presence of any antigen with a high affinity for any antibody pair in complex samples (serum, plasma, urine etc.).
- Lateral Flow Assays – For the Fast & Easy Development of Customized Lateral Flow Assays
- ATPase and GTPase kits – Methods for measuring inorganic phosphate (Pi) using dyes such as Malachite Green are well known, however the dye–Pi complexes are prone to precipitation and the reagents are very acidic, which can lead to nonenzymatic hydrolysis of many phosphorylated substrates.
- Phosphate Assay – PiColorLock™ phosphate detection reagent changes colour in the presence of inorganic phosphate (Pi). This can be exploited to measure any enzyme that generates Pi including ATPases, GTPases, phosphatases, heat shock proteins and DNA unwinding proteins.